Marvel's New Warriors Announcement
This article has been featured on the Banner of Shame in previous years. Congratulations!
The New Warriors is a comic series by Marvel Comics which was released in 1990. The new New Warriors (Vol.6) is going to be released in 2020. Marvel made an announcement video to talk about the new New Warriors. The video was universally panned by fans of Marvel, and has an overwhelming 261k dislikes compared to a measly 5.3k likes.
Why It's A Disgrace to Stan Lee and Marvel's Brand
- Screentime (a member of this new team) is described as a "meme-obsessed super teen". Keep in mind that this is an example of companies trying desperately to fit in with the millennial generation. To put the cherry on top, Screentime has an extremely dumb origin story. As a youth, Screentime was exposed to his grandfather's "experimental" internet gas which patched him permanently into the World Wide Web. What kind of backstory is that!? Even more stupid, his superpower is that he can instantly search up any fact. You know who else can do that? The. Entire. Human. Race.
- Snowflake and Safespace are the worst of the team. Snowflake and Safespace are twins. 1 of the twins, Snowflake, is "non-binary", which ticked people off. Instead of creating diversity, it's outright mocking! Not only that, it is trying to pander to SJWs, which is a red flag.
- Not to mention, "snowflake" and "safe space" can be offensive terms towards actual nonbinary people.
- Trailblazer, a fat foster kid, has no superpower at all! Instead, she has a backpack which is a pocket dimension with infinite space, which she says she got her power from god, but not the god you're thinking of. A backpack with infinite space is really dumb, and Trailblazer can pull out random objects from there.
- In other words, Trailblazer is like a bootleg Dora The Explorer.
- B-Negative, a goth kid and the last member, is literally a younger version of Morbius. In fact, the narrator even says that B-Negative was given a rouge life-saving blood transfusion from Michael Morbius.
- Not only that, but he looks way too similar to Hordak from She-Ra, if not downright copying.
- It basically is a disgrace to Stan Lee. Keep in mind that Stan Lee would never do this! It is almost like the crew just waited for Stan Lee to die to make this! And it's like they ran out of ideas by the time they wanted to make this new comic series!
- This was probably made since the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic caused the highly anticipated Black Widow movie to get delayed. In other words, a soul for a soul.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Trailblazer's design is unique, as it is a step away from the usual buff superhero designs that we haven't seen since Blob was introduced in the comics.
This video was universally panned by fans of Marvel, some of them even calling this announcement an April Fool's joke that came out 16 days too early. This video was covered by several YouTubers like SomeOrdinaryGamers and penguinz0.